Sevruga Restaurant Winter Specials:
Twenty six piece sushi platter R110 / seafood tasting platter R110 / sushi half price between 2pm and 5pm and all day Sunday
021 421 5134
FOR MORE RESTAURANT WINTER SPECIALS GO TO:
BBQ Chicken :
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves crushed garlic
3/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
10 chicken legs
Add to Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onion is tender. Then add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and water. Mix together well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside, covered, and let cool.
Place chicken in a shallow, nonporous dish and pour sauce over chicken, reserving some sauce in a separate container for basting. Cover chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or overnight. Cover reserved sauce, if any, and keep in the refrigerator.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
Grill chicken over medium high heat for 8 to 12 minutes per side, basting occasionally with the sauce, if any, until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
Chicken Soup with Mini Meatballs
2 lb. stewing chicken
4 c. water
2 1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 lb. sm. onions
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic
5 carrots, sliced
Parsley and celery leaves
1 c. finely minced beef
1 slice crumbly white bread
1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cover the chicken in water in large pot. Add pepper, salt, basil, garlic, and bay leaf.
2. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove chicken from pot. Cool and carefully remove the fat from surface of soup. Bring the soup to a boil and add carrots, onions, celery and parsley.
4. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Mix the minced beef with bread, egg, salt and pepper. Shape into small meatballs and add to the soup. Simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
5. Remove the skin and bone from the chicken. Cut the chicken meat into small pieces. Add the meat to the soup, stir well. Serve.
- Recipe by MomsWhoThink.com -
Roasted vegetable pasta:
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
2 courgettes, cut into sticks
1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
3 tbsp olive oil
300g/10oz pasta shells
200ml/7fl oz tub half-fat crème fraîche
2tsp wholegrain mustard
85g/3oz cheddar, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Put the courgettes and red pepper in a roasting tin and sprinkle over the sliced garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, then season and toss to make sure all the vegetables are coated with oil.
3. Roast for 15-20 minutes until the vegtables are tender and beginning to brown.
4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes until just cooked. Drain and stir in the roasted vegetables with the crème fraîche, mustard and grated cheddar.
- recipe by Good Food Magazine -
For those of you interested in the BELUGA specials check out:
Check these websites for godd restaurants and recipes: